- This event has passed.
*Cancelled* Disability Advocacy Day
March 24 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Disability Advocacy Day is designed to connect you with your legislators so you can talk about issues that matter to you. You are the expert in sharing how legislative policies affect people with disabilities in their everyday lives.
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center,
One John Nolen Drive, Madison, WI
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR DISABILITY ADVOCACY DAY 2020
MARCH 24, 2020
Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. Attendees are expected to participate in the full day of activities.
- Register Fee: $10 per person.
- Order a lunch (optional) $10
- YOU MUST REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE. Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
- Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
- No on-site registration or walk-ins.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison
Stop by Voting Resource table.
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time and lunch
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol Rotunda (3 blocks away)
1:00- 3:00: Attend Legislative visits
3:00-3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
- Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people w/disabilities.
- Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
- Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.