Job Opening - Executive Director
The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin is looking for its next Executive Director who will work in close partnership with our board of directors, staff, and local chapter network to lead the organization into 2024 and beyond. The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin is a growing organization supporting Autistic individuals and their families throughout a 53-county service area with a mission of creating connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully. Given our mission, we’re seeking a connector with leadership experience, a solutions-focused mindset and someone who is highly skilled at communication and relationship building.
The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin (ASGW) is a non-profit organization serving the Autism community in a 53 county service area. With a mission of creating connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully, the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin provides services to the Autism community through 5 core program areas: Support, Education, Advocacy, Information & Referral, and Community Outreach.
The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin, under the strategic direction of the board. The Director is responsible for the growth, fund development, management, and operations of the organization including:.
Program Development & Delivery
- Ensure that ASGW has a strategic plan, developed with the Board and staff, which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Facilitate continuous quality improvement, ensuring that the organization meets program goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate quality of analysis and judgment in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Develop new programs and publications; review and approval of all grants, contracts, publications, etc. prior to submission or publication.
- Oversee planning, development, implementation, operations and evaluations of all ASGW programs.
- Ensure the voices of stakeholders from the Autism community are present in decision-making.
Administration & Resource Development
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, supervision, development and retention of a diverse, high quality team.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative and safe working environment.
- Prepare an annual budget and monitor regularly. Maintain or adjust operations as needed based on financial forecasting.
- Lead the organization’s financial growth through innovative fundraising strategies.
- Expand and maintain funding through grant applications and other direct fundraising activities.
- Establish positive relationships with government, foundation, and corporate funders.
- Ensure positive relationships, including frequent communication, with individual donors.
- Establish a public relations plan or strategy to ensure dissemination of ASGW mission and impact.
Board of Directors Relations
- Establish and maintain high quality working relationships with the President, Executive Committee and all other Board members
- Advise the ASGW Board and provide information concerning the organization’s programs and operations.
- Communicate with the Board in a timely manner.
- Provide support for Board meetings, including provision of appropriate reports and recommendations to the Board.
- Increase awareness and support of the organization through personal relationships with key community partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain positive community partner relations and serve as “bridge-builder” to individuals and other community partners.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the Autism and developmental disability field.
- Guide ASGW through promotion of relevant public policy issues, including through representation on task forces, and relevant committees, etc.
- Develop and deliver a variety of trainings to partners, businesses, and community members.
- Represent ASGW in the media (radio, TV, newspaper) through written statements, in-person or recorded interviews.
Autism Society Relations
- Provide support to ASGW’s local chapter network.
- Represent ASGW at national Autism Society meetings and workgroups.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to the Autism Society of America.
- Maintain positive communications with ASA, ASGW chapters, and other ASA Affiliates.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the other Autism Society Affiliates in Wisconsin to work together on statewide initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in a related field; Public Relations, Marketing, Nonprofit Leadership, Business, Communications, etc.
- Experience managing a team and demonstrated ability facilitating a collaborative, positive working environment.
- Strong training, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and relationship-building skills.
- Goal-oriented with experience managing multiple projects independently and managing competing demands.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and experience in budgeting and financial management.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative-taking.
- Ability to work with individuals with differing perspectives to build consensus.
- Ability to collect, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information to develop and/or implement innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience researching, implementing, and coaching others through organization-wide technical solutions. Experience and proficiency with commonly used software; Google Suite, Microsoft, Canva, WordPress, etc.
- Displays passion for the Autism Society’s mission of creating connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off between December 24 through New Year’s Day
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid Work Arrangement Possible
- 401K with Employer Match after first year of employment
The Executive Director is a salaried, full-time, exempt position. Working hours are flexible and a hybrid working arrangement is possible, with a minimum of 2 days per week working from the Menasha office.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org