Change for Autism is a campaign through the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin designed to encourage stakeholders to create meaningful change for people with autism in our schools and communities. Whether you’re part of a group, business, school and/or a passionate individual hoping to ignite change, there is a place for you within the Change for Autism campaign!
Commit to spreading awareness and promoting acceptance using the resources in our Change for Autism kits.
Pledge to support the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin by hosting a fundraising coin drive or making another contribution.
More details for:
We have a number of resources to help your school host a successful Change for Autism campaign this April!
Incentives: All participating schools will be entered into a drawing to win 2 Autism Society of Greater WI Conference registrations. Any school raising over $500 will earn pizza parties for their top 3 classrooms. Totals must be reported by May 18, 2020 to be eligible for prizes.
Don’t forget our Annual Essay Contest! Submissions are due by March 31, 2020. Learn more here.
Resource kits: Schools that sign up to host a fundraising coin drive this April will receive free customized tool kit to help you spread awareness & promote acceptance. Printed materials will be sent in early March. Resources available include:
Businesses and organizations can support the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin by:
- Collecting spare change through the month of April.
- Donating a portion of your sales throughout the month.
- Running a round up campaign at your registers. Ask each customer to round up their purchase to the next dollar as a donation.
- Hosting a jean day to raise money.
- Challenging your employees to a fundraising competition and providing prizes.
- Sponsoring an event or making a direct contribution.
Participating businesses will have access to:
Autism Society #CelebrateDifferences Poster
Autism Friendly Communities Tip Sheet
Have another idea!? We welcome your participation in any way! Please contact Kirsten at email@example.com to discuss your plans.
Individuals can get involved by:
- Join us on social media to spread awareness, promote acceptance, and ignite change.
- Become an Autism Society member to stay updated on local events & programs. Sign up to become a member here.
- Share your story by writing an article or blog post for the Autism Society. We’re especially looking for articles about first hand experiences from people on the spectrum.
- Volunteer. Many of our local affiliates are looking for dedicated and passionate board members to help with local events. Contact Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Make a personal contribution in support of the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin’s programs.