Register Your Support Group
Welcome and thank you for your interest in registering your group with the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin!
The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin is a non-profit organization serving the northern 53 counties in Wisconsin, with an office located in Menasha, Wisconsin. We serve as the umbrella organization for five local affiliates; Autism Society of Central Wisconsin, Autism Society of Chippewa Valley, Autism Society of the Fox Valley, Autism Society of the Lakeshore, and Autism Society of Northeast Wisconsin. Together, our network aims to provide support to individuals and families across our service area, with the vision of maximizing the quality of life for individuals and families affected by autism.
With the goal of increasing access to support opportunities for families affected by autism across Greater Wisconsin, the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin is pleased to offer a path for support groups to register with the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin.
Registered support groups are led and managed independently of the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin but align with the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the Autism Society.
- Recognition of registration with the Autism Society – approved groups may refer to themselves as an “Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin Registered Support Group” or an “ASGW Registered Support Group”. Groups may also use the ASGW Registered Support Group logo.
- Resources to help with the development & maintenance of support group
- Support Group Manual
- Access to other support group leaders for guidance
- Access to free autism related resources
- Next Steps Booklets
- Sesame Street Resources
- Promotion of family related events and activities
- Contact information on the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin website
- Occasional posts about meetings/group on ASGW Facebook page
- Assistance with identifying potential speakers
- Must provide support to individuals and/or family members affected by autism
- Must be within the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin’s 53 county service area (shown in blue in the map below).
- Must receive approval from local affiliate if located within an area already served by a local Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin Affiliate. Information about counties served by local affiliates can be found below.
- Must commit to the Autism Society Options Policy.
- Must adhere to the Autism Society mission, vision and guiding principles.
- Must not be affiliated with a direct service provider of related services (autism treatment provider, etc.).
- Must not be used to promote, advertise, or proselytize
- At least one group leader or contact is a member of the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin.
Expectations of Support Group
- Keep the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin informed of support group meetings and other family related activities.
- Submit timely reports about meeting/activities to ASGW including, but not limited to:
- Description of meeting/activity
- Encourage membership to the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin.
- Agree to abide by Autism Society Guiding Principles.
- Agree to abide by Autism Society Options Policy.
- Promote activities of ASGW (conferences, surveys, etc.).
- Facilitate at least 4 support group meetings/activities per year.
- Consider developing a listing of autism related resources for the local community and share with ASGW
- Accept responsibility for managing own activities, resources, and finances.
- Notification of Interest – interested groups should fill out the online application.
- Support Group applications within a local affiliate service area (more information about counties already served below) will be sent to the respective local affiliate for prior approval.
- An ASGW representative will review eligibility and set up an exploratory phone call to review procedure, benefits, and expectations.
- Application will be reviewed by the Program Services Committee.
- Approved groups will receive an agreement outlining expectations. Groups not approved will receive written notification including an explanation of the decision.
- Once signed agreement is received, the group may start promoting themselves as a registered support group of the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin. ASGW staff will update the website with the group’s contact information within one week of receiving a signed agreement.
- Agreements must be renewed annually.
Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin & Local Affiliates
Autism Society of Chippewa Valley
Service Area: Sawyer, Polk, Barron, Rusk, St. Croix, Dunn, Chippewa, Pierce, Pepin, Eau Claire, Buffalo, Trempealeau and Jackson Counties
Autism Society of Central Wisconsin
Service Area: Clark, Forest, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Price, Taylor, and Wood Counties
Autism Society of the Lakeshore
Service Area: Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Calumet, Kewaunee and Door Counties
Autism Society of the Fox Valley
Service Area: Outagamie, Winnebago, Calumet, Fond du Lac, and Waupaca Counties
Autism Society of Northeast Wisconsin
Service Area: Brown, Shawano, Oconto, Florence, Menominee and Marinette Counties