Sensory-Friendly COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
SSM Health and the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin & Southeastern Wisconsin are partnering to offer a sensory friendly vaccine clinic, available to individuals five and older and their families. Pfizer vaccines are available for those 5 and up and Pfizer boosters are available to those 12+.
Those participating in the sensory-friendly vaccine clinic can expect flexibility, patience, and support all the way through the vaccination process. Prior to your appointment, a social narrative will be available to help prepare for vaccination. During the clinic, participants can expect a lower sensory environment, sensory fidgets, distraction strategies, and other individualized accommodations as needed.
The vaccine is free. Please bring your insurance or Medical Assistance card if you have one.
Mask wearing is encouraged.
The February 26th clinic will offer boosters and second doses for those that received their first dose on February 5th. Sign up to make a booster vaccine appointment is open through February 23rd at 5:00 pm.
Date & Time
February 5, 2022
8:00 – Noon
Follow Up Clinic:
February 26, 2022, 8:00 – Noon
SSM Health Treffert Center
371 E 1st St
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Pfizer ( 2 doses, three weeks apart, ages 5+)
Pfizer Booster (1 dose, ages 12+)
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Registration forms were sent via email to participants and can be completed in advance and will speed up the check in process upon arrival. We will have plenty of forms available Saturday morning if you prefer to complete the forms at the Treffert Center.
- Rest. Please do your best to get a good night’s rest the evening prior to your appointment.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water the day before and morning of the vaccine.
- Plan for the morning of by gathering any comfort items (favorite stuffed animal, comforting music/headphones, fidget items, snacks for during observation period, etc.). Please feel free to bring along items you feel will help you and/or your child have a positive experience.
- What to wear:
- Be prepared to wear your mask, if possible.
- Wear a sleeveless or short-sleeved shirt that can be easily pushed up so there is easy access to your upper arm.
- Consider wearing layers, so you can stay warm on your way to the Treffert Center and during your observation period.
- Be prepared to stay at the Treffert Center for monitoring following your appointment. Observation may take up to 15 minutes.