The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin is Hiring!
Job Opening: Development Coordinator
The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin is looking for a creative and passionate individual to join its growing team! The Development Coordinator is a new position that will focus on coordinating the fundraising efforts of the organization. If you’re passionate about the Autism Society’s mission of creating connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully, and enjoy building community connections, consider joining our team to help our organziation continue growing.
The Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin (ASGW) is a non-profit organization serving the Autism community in a 53 county service area, through 5 core program areas: Support, Education, Advocacy, Information & Referral, and Community Outreach.
The Development Coordinator will work in partnership with the Executive Director, Office Manager, Education & Outreach Coordinator, and the Board of Directors to grow and sustain financial resources to support the organization’s mission and programs. This position will coordinate the organization’s fundraising and development efforts.
- Assist with the development and execution of an annual fundraising plan in alignment with the organizational strategic plan.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with community partners, businesses, donors, and community funders.
- Coordinate grant activities, including researching grant opportunities, writing/submitting grant applications, and preparing grant reports.
- Develop sponsorship packages for major events and programs.
- Coordinate the sponsorship, exhibition, and advertising opportunities for the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin’s Annual Conference.
- Support the Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin’s local chapter network with development & fundraising efforts.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials related to fundraising events as needed.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of fundraising events, including a golf outing and virtual race.
- Effectively identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at all levels.
- Accurately update and maintain ASGW’s donor database through Blackbaud Altru.
- Provide support for programs, marketing, and other related activities as needed.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Public Relations, Marketing, Nonprofit Leadership, Business, Communications, etc.
- Previous professional experience with fundraising.
- Experience and proficiency with commonly used software; Google Suite, Microsoft, Canva.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and relationship-building skills.
- Experience with donor management software, like Blackbaud Altru.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to compile data accurately.
- Passion for the Autism Society’s mission.
- Flexibility, creativity, initiative, and strong problem solving skills.
- Some regional and statewide travel is required. Must be willing and able to travel regionally and statewide.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid Work Arrangement Possible
- 401K with Employer Match
The Development Coordinator is a salaried .80 FTE (32 hours/per week), with a salary range of $17 – $18.50/hour based on experience. Working hours are flexible and a hybrid working arrangement with at least 2 days per week in the Menasha office is possible.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by June 3, 2022 to:
Kirsten Cooper, Executive Director at email@example.com